Monday 14 March 2011

The Female Form - Fine Art BA with hons


These are some of the pieces that I created during my last year at University. My work was based around how 'Society' vews the aging imperfect woman, once you hit your mid thirties, and you gain weight. in Western culture there is underlying current of being past it, not interesting and definately not attractive.


Through my paintings using images of myself as well as other 'imperfect' women I was trying to say, we may not be perfect or be a size 8, however we do have a certain beauty in our imperfections.




Furthermore this work draws on the pressures that are put on young people to be so called 'attractive' even if this means not eating properly to lose that extra 2lbs to get into a size 6. Size is a huge issue within society, and people are wrongly judged on appearance.



I wanted to explore what was quirky and could be unusual, with images taken at different angles, and parts of the form rather than a complete full length female form.

No comments:

Post a Comment